69329Re: [bolger] Re: Seaworthyness and stability Long Micro?

  • John Kohnen
    Feb 8, 2013
      Do you mean topping lift? Lazy jacks are usually referred to in the
      plural... You can use a topping lift with a regular sprit-boom. I Had one
      on my Michalak Jewelbox, Jr. and it made hoisting sail, furling and
      reefing it easier. I was gonna try experiment with lazy jacks hung from
      the topping lift, but never got around to it...

      You've pretty much gotta use a sail track on the mast to make reefing a
      sprit-boomed leg o' mutton reasonably safe and easy. I hate sail track,
      but it's necessary. <shrug>

      I don't know what a "reefing hook" is.

      On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:15:39 -0800, Pat wrote:

      > I was just doing a bit of research on the advantages of a wishbone boom
      > similar to the Canadian Nonesuch design. A bit more complicated in
      > construction and rigging but the lazy jack seems to solve the reefing
      > problems.

      John (jkohnen@...)
      The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of
      morality by religion. (Arthur C. Clarke)
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic