69326Bantam back afloat

  • captjbturtle
    Feb 8, 2013
      Bantam sits on her trailer most of the year in Fl because 5 years ago I started spending the rest of the year in Canada.
      It is true winds are calmer in Fl in the summer but its hot day and night, humid and very buggy. Summer cruising is just more civilized on the cool fresh waters of the Rideau canal.
      Fortunately I have the States Class sharpie "Turtle" in Canada. Now however we discover the downside of a long skinny boat. Parks Canada has just decided to double the canal fees billed per foot.
      This makes Paul"s Bolger houseboat a better bargain than the 33 foot "Turtle"
      Sorry our courses never crossed. The Bantam's are simply the best boat for Florida waters.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic