69323Re: Bantam back afloat

  • RSS
    Feb 8, 2013
      Since I built what is I believe the second Bantam (launched in 2005) I am curious as to the comment that she lives on her trailer the other nine months of the year. Why do you only use her during the three months of winter?
      When I spent the winter of 2007 there I guess we didn't cross paths. I did not go all the way across, stopping at LaBelle before returning to the west coast. Saw several other Bolger boats in anchorages, but never your Bantam.
      Anyway, just wondering why she sits on her trailer for most of the year when the locals always tell me that the winter months are what they consider the worst boating because of the wind. I was told the best time starts in late March.
      I also found out the following year that the winter months are really windy on the Texas Gulf coast:) One the these years I have to sell my duplex in northern MN so that I don't have to return to take care of things.
      Bob

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "captjbturtle" wrote:

      > The Florida stretched Bantam "Pelican" has just crossed Lake Okeechobee on her way to the west coast.
      > This is about the sixth time she has crossed this big choppy lake. She will be on the west coast for a couple of weeks then down to the Keys and perhaps back up the east coast to her home waters on the Indian River,
      > Any of you interested in seeing this wonderful unique boat can e mail me at captjbturtle@... and we can perhaps arrange it.
      > "Pelican" is the first Bantam launched and is stretched to 26 feet.She is holding up well and has circumnavigated Florida several times.She lives on her trailer the other nine months of the year.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic