69270Re: Composite nails

  • oddbjornjonassen
    Jan 24, 2013
      Myles,

      Thank you for the information. I have a couple of additional questions if you permit:

      When using the bronze nails, did you have to prebore for the nails or could you just hammer them in?

      What thickness of plywood was used and what was the average distance between the nails when gluing two layers of plywood?

      Regards
      Oddbjørn

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "MylesJ. Swift" wrote:

      > Oddbjorn,
      >

      > You can also consider bronze ring shank nails, available is small, short
      > sizes. That is what I used when I doubled the bottom of my Micro.
      >

      > These were the least expensive I found. If you are building and want to keep
      > working these stay in permanently and you can sand them a bit.
      > http://www.rjleahy.com/Store/nails/silicon.htm
      >

      > MylesJ

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic