69264Re: Elco 26 Imitation??

  • Matthew Long
    Jan 22, 2013
      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree there, Rocky. PCB was never afraid to acknowledge the influence of other designers or even point a potential client to another designer if that would be better match. He often acknowledged other designers in his work. IIRC, he mentioned Jim Michalak in BWAOM as the consulting engineer on the mast of his big steel leeboard sharpie motorsailer for Pacific island commerce. Like I said, this group has long included Jim's work in it's discussions. Cheers, Matthew

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, captainrocky@... wrote:

      > Would you recommend Ford on the Chevy site or try to tout Coke on the Pepsi site ? Nothing against an imitator but this IS a Bolger site. Sues response was a lot milder than mine would have been. Nice restraint Sue! Capt. Rocky
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic