69228Re: Elco 26 Imitation??

  • Matthew Long
    Jan 19, 2013
      I'd like to make a plug for a the stock Tennessee with a folding or fixed canvas top over the cockpit.  It would not look at all like an Elco, but it's a fantastic design for the kind of inland pleasure cruising you have in mind.  It's inexpensive and easy to build, a modest four-stroke outboard (9.9-15 hp) will push it quietly at 10 knots, you have room for a little galley, head and berths to seat four or sleep two and more could camp in the cockpit just by adding side panels to the canopy.  It's light enough to be pulled by an ordinary car, despite the long length.  A little attention to detail in the shape of the ports, a mix of painted and varnished surfaces, etc. will give it a nice period look.  Personally, it's one of my favorites.

      <http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/tenn4.jpg>
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic