      From: Peter <pvanderwaart@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:43 AM
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Elco 26 Imitation??

      > There are a couple in the early books that I don't see there.
      > One is a rough water boat designed for an 80-year-old customer,
      > and the other is a cruising boat about 26' drawn for a design contest.

      I've looked them up.

      One is Liboo, Chapter 20 in 30 Odd Boats. It doesn't look anything like the Elco, but the design was meant to address some of the OPs concerns.

      The other is the Economy Motorsailer in Folding Schooner. You can forget the motorsailer part; that was an add-on. The basic boat is pretty nice-looking semi-displacement cruiser with a nice interior. It would be a bigger building job than one of the plywood boats, and perhaps a simpler boat like Tennessee would serve better anyway.

      Just incidentally, one of the drawings for the EM, design 282 was published in the book in the preceding chapter on Moccasin.

      Peter

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic