69192Re: Light and FAST but simple plywood power boat?

  • Matthew Long
    Jan 16, 2013
      Thanks, all, for the suggestions. As a matter of fact, the Bolger tack-and-tape multichine designs, and specifically Diablo, had already come to my mind. I even posted the Diablo building photos from the Payson site to one of my aviation discussion groups to illustrate the kind of simplified construction I had in mind.

      The particular amphibious airplane which caught my eye for its relatively simple, dory-like hull lines is the one-off Shavrov Sh-1, which was developed into the very successful Shavrov Sh-2 used in the Soviet Union from the 1930s through the 1960s. Here are a few links for those that might be interested, perhaps they will jog someone's memory to suggest another relevant boat design?

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic