69074Xmas-Tree Rig again (was, some time ago, Re: Isometric, 19ft6in 'Minimum Proa')

  • c.ruzer
    Nov 21, 2012
      Joe Norwood's _Practical Proas_ report to the AYRS on the Minimum Proa and that rig is at page 42 here http://www.ayrs.org/Catalyst_N03_Jan_2001.pdf (He found the steering to be good, indeed the boat appears to have given him much pleasure.)

      To refresh, others found the rig problematic http://proafile.com/archive/article/rig_options_bolger
      however the fascination http://proafile.com/archive/article/the_zen_of_proa continues with further developments under way in search of the well mannered quick bidirectional cambered shunting sail
      http://proafile.com/forums/viewthread/124/
      Perhaps, as is suggested there, in the earlier trial excessive roach was a problem?

      ~
      ~ ^ ~
      / \
      / | \

      http://www.proafile.com/view/magazine/article/rig_options_bolger/

      > > Tom

      > Thanks, that article is eye opening.
      >
      > One snippet quote: "There is simply not enough time during this
      > power-on process to accomplish all the tasks needed to reverse the
      > boat, so one is left with finishing up the shunting process while the
      > boat is screaming along at a mad rate."
      >
      > Certainly, this boat would get your adrenaline pumping!
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic