69022Re: 40' Puffer

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Nov 6, 2012
      Glad you corrected yourself. Bolger warned in the article that not only would the outboard fail to stay immersed, the slab sided bow will cause at least handling issues in some particular seas. IMO more HP to handle river currents makes sense, if one wishes to add the fuel capacity to feed it. I have also thought to get the HP aboard by turning the fwd engine around so that it thrusts aft. Tandem OBs of say 75-100hp each would get Illinois moving along well. The forward motorwell would need to be further aft just because of motor size.

      IF I were to build it, I would ADD 6"-8" to the sides to provide sufficient headroom for my 6'3" frame.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Pee <tompee77@...> wrote:
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic