      From: Cod <dadadata@...>
      To: "bolger@yahoogroups.com" <bolger@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2012 3:10 PM
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Birdwatcher: how deep a gripe?

      Interesting. I tried heeling to a certain extent. With the standard old BW helm, you're standing fairly far aft and you're not in a good place to affect the heeling.

      I probably should have run a line thru the CB hole and let it hang to get some area down there.
      I won't go down in the annals of clever skippers.

      The upshot of this and another windy day experience is also to use a sweep oar in conjunction with a troller. Have sort of decided to convert to a push pull tiller somehow to allow standing or sitting further forward.

      Whack-boing! It's dub!
      www.thecheappages.com

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic