68906Re: [bolger] slotted screws verses Philips head.

  • Jeffery Measamer
    Oct 22 10:00 AM
      Agreed, I've been using hollow ground screwdrivers for years working on firearms and don't understand why they aren't used everywhere.

      From: John Trussell <jtrussell2@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 11:23 AM
      Subject: RE: [bolger] slotted screws verses Philips head.
      Amen on the hollow ground screw drivers. I’ve had good luck with a Yankee screw driver and a hollow ground blade. New ones are available, but mine came from yard sales. I find a brace and bit screw driver is particular useful when removing screws as you can keep pressure on the head and control torque very precisely.