68884Re: MODIFICATION OF BOLGER MICRO TRAWLER

  • daschultz8275@sbcglobal.net
    Oct 16, 2012
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "nezih" <gencahm@...> wrote:

      > Now succed to attach pictures

      Well, build the boat you want to own. BUT, MT is small 14 foot boat, just about 4 meters. The cuddy (forward low cabin) you show in the pics is more a "duffle", that is a place to store things than a place people can be in. So you would end up having to live with a hot smelly engine in the cockpit of this really small boat never intended for inboard power.

      I would suggest looking up the "Bonefish" cartoon here in the Yahoo group. You could buy plans for "Hawkeye", and use them as a guide in creating Bonefish. With all the modification you wish to do, that's easier (to me) than modifying MT.

      A small diesel could be placed in the Bonefish box keel instead of the belt drive from a lawn mower engine shown in the cartoon. The 18' (almost 6 meters) will provide more deck space for a storage space or useable cuddy. I would also suggest searching for Hawkeye photos, because a couple have been build with a forward cuddy like you describe. They will give you an idea of the accommodation provided by the cuddy.

      All that said
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic