68738Re: Good thing that pretty horse broke my leg, saved me from the Czar's army.

  • Mark Albanese
    Sep 6, 2012
      The idea of using a short piece of pipe let in to the pieces may not
      work. A two inch diameter fitting will only insert 2" into the foot
      before the tapered wall gets too thin, perhaps not enough.

      Now I'm considering about two feet of 3/8 or 1/2 inch all thread.
      I've cleaned up the splinters. The foot of the mast is actually quite
      solid. The shards are all inside the upper mast. I could pour in
      epoxy to bind them together, then drill for the rod.

      Question is, can the all thread just be screwed into the hole, or
      does it have to be tapped first to avoid shattering the surrounding
      epoxy?
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic