68242Re: Bolger's Sneakeasy

  • slloyd
    Jul 1, 2012
      wow.. has it only been 9 years? =D

      I haven't built this boat yet, but i never forgot about it. i am getting closer to it being a good time in my life to build. now have regular access to an inland lake which only sees waves as created by other boaters.

      i am pretty comfortably reading the instant book (and new instant book) and start building. but I am wondering .. how does one flip the boat over to epoxy the inside? at 26' and probably a couple hundred pounds... i will be building outside (under temporary shed, with grass under foot). so i was thinking of dropping in some 6x6 posts and then beam across the top just incase i need a hand with a lift? just a random idea.

      my other question .. do you think a sneakeasy could pull a waterski ? i read that sneakeasy is max with a 30HP motor, but maybe this is enough?

      i'm slowly getting excited to finally build. good things come to those that wait!

      slloyd

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, stephensonhw@... wrote:

      > Phil,
      >
      > Do you mean it is not an instant boat because it is a New Instant Boat, as featured in Payson's second boatbuilding book? Because it is.
      >
      > I think a Diablo would be a lot quicker and easier to build than a Sneakeasy.
      >
      > Howard
      >
      > In a message dated Tue, 3 Jun 2003 4:24:45 PM AEST, Phil Smith <pbs@...> writes:
      >
      > >If you want Bolger's most seaworthy outboard boat I think it would be
      > >either Diablo or Diablo Grande. Phil has written of his own Diablo's
      > >seaworthiness in MAIB and Diablo's ability to handle bad weather and high
      > >seas. Unfortunately for us inexperienced boat builders, Diablo is not an
      > >"instant" boat.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic