68218Re: Windsprint Mast/Sail Questions- Minor Noob Pickle

  • Crandall, Chris S.
    Jun 25, 2012
      I bought a small band saw with the idea that I would use it to cut the taper on my Teal mast. And I did.

      But what I found is that it's more accurate, more controllable, less expensive, and more rewarding to do the work with a plane. Quieter, cheaper, easier to clean up, and a more elemental experience.  I'll never bandsaw a small mast again. (There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as pleasant.)

      -Chris
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic