68160Re: [bolger] Re: 34' Economy Seagoing Cruiser - not even one image on web! (30 Odd Boats)

  • Mark Albanese
    Jun 13, 2012
      Standing by paragraph one pending more detailed objection.

      My take on the LM2 ballast was definitely wrong. Further study shows 860 kg each, port and starboard. That's 3000#, just as Bob clarified,  ton and a half of some kind. Against the on her lines displacement of  4.81M3 ( 11,000 pounds ) not heavily ballasted at all.

      On Jun 13, 2012, at 8:02 PM, c.ruzer wrote:

      Au contraire!

      > That was not the idea. "I had the notion that a pointed stern without
      > rocker would allow more ballast to be carried without increasing the
      > size of the midsection." Not the same as less draft.
      >
      > Though larger over all, LM2 is an interesting contrast. I make the
      > ballast required for him at 1900 of a total displacement of 11,000
      > pounds, about a 5:1 ratio that's a lot less than what you've shown
      > the Eeek! shaped boats to need.
      >

      > On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:47 AM, c.ruzer wrote:
      > > ... so too much draft defeating the original idea of same
      > > displacement on less immersed cross-section, ie. less draft?

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic