67736Re: Four Cycle Gasoline? (was: Sustainability (world-wide forest die-off now))

  • prairiedog2332
    May 1, 2012

      You can also get 2-stroke motor oil with a fuel stabilizer already added to it. This is what I use, but not suggesting it is superior. Just what my local hardware store sells. I does seem to produce less (visible) smoke as well if used with the recommended 89 octane gasoline.

      http://www.echo.ca/products_detailed.aspx?CategoryID=16&ProductID=88

      Ever wonder why we pay road tax on boat and lawnmower gas?

      Nels

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Kohnen" <jhkohnen@...> wrote:

      > Just this year I started using Sta-Bil gas stabilizer in the fuel for my
      > small engines. It's cheap, even for the "marine" grade, considering how
      > little gas I use, even including the lawnmower and weedeater. Probably
      > cheaper than not using it, because I was discarding small amounts of old
      > gas I no longer had faith in.

    • Show all 64 messages in this topic