67536Re: SketchUp Chebacco

  • John
    Apr 2, 2012
      I don't believe so. but you do need the program, available here...

      http://sketchup.google.com/download/

      Once you have it up and running, you can download the model directly into an open file by going to the 3D warehouse (under 'File') and searching Chebacco. With the model downloaded, press 'o' to orbit the model and see it from different angles, 'z' to zoom in or out (double click the magnifying glass while hovering over the thing you want to see, and it will zoom in on that point).

      You can also modify the model to your heart's content. Paint it different colors. Scale the cabin house up to see what it looks like taller, or wider. You can fashion a horizontal plane at the waterline, paint it from the 'water' palette to turn it into an ocean, and angle the whole model over to see what it looks like heeled over in a breeze! You can even see it from 'underwater'. See what the waterline plane looks like at various angles, and displacements. Then you can export a 2d jpeg of the scene into your computer to use as wallpaper. that's what I did with mine. It's a toy. Play with it...

      John

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Neal Sandidge <nsandidge@...> wrote:

      > Does one need to sign up for google just to view your model?
      >
      > Neal

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic