67251Re: [bolger] Re: Scaled-down Single-handed Schooner

  • Harry James
    Jan 10, 2012
      I use Xnole a lot on bottoms, I need the abrasion resistance because
      where I live we have shorelines not beaches. It is a real pain to
      finish, I am trying out that rolling plastic over it method that was in
      Duckworks 7-8 years ago.

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/03/r/articles/glass/bottom.htm

      I am using powdered copper in the mix, seems to work, still working on
      the details. You can get a real high copper ratio and still get a smooth
      finish.

      I sure wouldn't use Xynole on the sides, way too much work, and quite a
      bit more epoxy.

      HJ