67028Re: [bolger] Re: Micro Bow Modification

  • BruceHallman
    Oct 12, 2011
      On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:10 AM, <masonsmith@...> wrote:

      >     the bottom slap, which is troublesome even in the slightest ripple.

      I don't know why is it called 'bow slap'. To me the sound is best
      described as gurgling water, or splashing water. That is an inherent
      natural sound while near water. If the sound of splashing water is
      bothersome while being near water, then you have a big problem when
      boat cruising.

      I know someone who has a 'white noise' machine in the city intended to
      drown out nighttime city noise, which plays back the recorded sound of
      gurgling water. Go figure!

      What other sounds are bothersome, the call of seagulls? That sound
      does bother some people. Personally the sounds that bother me are the
      unnatural sounds, sirens, jet skis, or perhaps the sound of metal
      clanking of steel halyard clips on hollow aluminum masts. Different
      noises bother people differently.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic