66944Re: Long Term Immersion of Micro-series Salient Keels

  • daschultz2000
    Oct 2, 2011
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "c.ruzer" <c.ruzer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > What might be some alternate construction methods/treatments of keels such as those on the Micro and Long Micro if they aren't only immersed periodically for relatively short durations?.....<

      My only suggestion is to glass every surface. Not for strength but because it facilitates making the epoxy thicker, slowing the migration of water on the molecular level. This may mean glassing plywood before assembly, and wrapping edges. Obviously it complicates the building process.

      Don
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic