66610Re: Oldshoe Review!

  • tfpainter1422
    Aug 2, 2011
      That's exactly what happened in my case if my fuzzy memories of it are correct. It was because I didn't have the miz squared out (inexperience with the rig). I would be under double reefs today in the kind of winds I was sailing under full sail that day.

      I thought broaching had more to do with a boat being so overpowered that the underwater foils lose their lift and the boat becomes out of control. I don't think it has to do with wave action per se. But could be wrong...

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Myles J. Swift" <mswift@...> wrote:

      > Also if this happened running downwind, it could be a mizzen problem. Munro
      > used to drop Egret's mizzen when running the inlets to make sure the boat
      > was pulled by the bow.
      >

      > MylesJ

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic