66600Re: [bolger] Does this Bolger design exist?

  • BruceHallman
    Aug 2, 2011
      On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:21 PM, tfpainter1422 <tfpainter1422@...> wrote:

      > I have or have had all of Bolger's books but that leaves many, probably hundreds more that I haven't seen. Anyway, just curious did Bolger ever design a scaled down Romp type hull that is similar in size, proportion and layout to Micro?
      >
      > Looking for the following features:
      >
      > 16' x 6' (or thereabouts)
      > Romp style shoal draft (Thames Barge) hullform.
      > Shallow ballast keel w/ or w/o centerboard (no leeboards!)
      > Unstayed cat yawl rig
      > Spartan cabin (mostly cockpit)
      > Inboard rudder

      I think the 16 foot Prince William Sound Yawl has a scaled down hull
      shape similar to Romp.

      http://hallman.org/bolger/PWSY/PWSY.png

      The parts of your wish list might be hard to achieve in a boat only 16
      feet long.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic