66497Re: Alternative Sail Plan for Micro

  • daschultz2000
    Jul 7, 2011
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Myles J. Swift" <mswift@...> wrote:
      >...I'd like to downsize my vehicle. I'm looking for something with a little performance, tow at or under 500 pounds, and I really want a mizzen...

      IMO one of Jim Michalak's designs may best suit your desires. He is heavily influenced by Bolger, and designs very simple and, therefore, light boats. Many of his designs include a mizzen. He is noted for being responsive to builder requests and would likely place a mizzen rig on one of his designs for a very reasonable cost. Duckworks has many of his designs available for sale, though not all.

      At least one is pretty much a water ballasted, lee board Micro. Others are close to Martha Jane.

      Don
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic