66222Re: Dynamite Payson - Sad News

  • David
    May 9, 2011
      I've been out of the loop and just found out about Mr Payson's passing. I built my first boat, a Bolger Gypsy, from the detailed instructions in "Build the New Instant Boats" in 1986. Made from luan underlayment, and polyester resin with fiber glass, it provided more fun on the water and more bang-for-the-buck than any of the other boats I've owned or built.
      Very sad news indeed, but I celebrate a life lived doing what he loved, and the thousands of people who will, like me, pull one of his books off the shelf and share with their children the story of a man who convinced us we could build our own boats. Fair winds Dynamite, and thank you.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, c o'donnell <dadadata@...> wrote:

      > "Build the Instant Catboat" got me back into sailing and led me to
      > boatbuilding with whatever's on hand. I feel like he was a neighbor
      > even if we never met.
      >

      > === craig o'donnell
      > dadadata@...
      > Box 66 Still Pond Md 21667