66033Re: [bolger] Re: Dynamite Payson - Sad News

  • BruceHallman
    Apr 13 7:17 AM
      On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:48 PM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:

      > Vale Dynamite.
      >
      > http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2011/03/26/harold-dynamite-payson-boatbuilder-writer-father-of-instant-boats/
      >
      > Has anyone knowledge here further to the comment appended to the above that "...Mr. Payson was an entertaining writer of cruising stories for one of the boating magazines, I think possibly "Cruising World"? How about "Sea Foam" then?
      >
      > My own two cents worth: PCB and Dynamite too, IIRC, said more than once that writing wasn't easy for Dynamite... so "cruising stories"?

      Actually, the cruising stories are in several books written not by
      Dynamite, but by Herb Payson. I asked Herb Payson if he was a
      relation to Harold Payson and he said that they were distant cousins.
      (They both came from Maine.) I have read three Herb Payson books, and
      my favorite was "Blown Away" ISBN-13: 978-0924486951
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic