65930Re: Phil's opinion of micro vs. long micro

  • Stefano
    Apr 1, 2011
      >Was the first a more ideal work from first principles and the latter a lesser modification and compromise? Or was the long micro an improvement in significant ways without significant trade-off's?

      Don't know about this but...

      >Those extra four feet of waterline just don't look as cute or beautiful as the smaller micro to my completely subjective eye.

      speaking of subjectiveness: I think Micro is 100% SMART with a look that says: "4'x8' plywood sheets" and still looking cute;
      Long Micro is an ELEGANT small sailboat that happens to have square sections.
      As you said:
      de gvstibvs non dispvtandvm est.

      Ste
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic