65672Re: [bolger] Re: Bolgers most recent, Advanced Sharpie AS-34 isometric

  • Fred Schumacher
    Mar 3, 2011
      On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:35 PM, c.ruzer <c.ruzer@...> wrote:

      I'd thought perhaps a standard Brick with some lifeboaty inclusions, but maybe something like a Surf or June Bug that could be reasonably rowed some distance as well as sailed quite acceptably. The JB might be better to modify? Something that might hold a hundred pounds of food and two-hundred of water and such necessities?

      A few months ago I sketched out a 60% scale-up of Old Shoe to see how it would work as a live-in cruiser and discovered that the side curve of Old Shoe almost perfectly matched up with that of June Bug. So I sketched in a recess in the deck for June Bug to be stored, and it fit, without interfering too much with the cabin. It was interesting to see the same concept used in AS34. A ship's boat in a storage recess is an idea which should be explored more.

      fred s.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic