      Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 1:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: Isometric, 19ft6in 'Minimum Proa'

      On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Tom Sorensen <tdsoren@...> wrote:

      > here's an excellent issue by someone that actually tried the rig.  there were some issues that Bolger actually alluded too in his own review. The primary ones being the easily stalled fine leading edge, and the second being the sheeting issues.
      >
      > I've wondered if making it a permanently sheeted, rotating rig might be a good solution....
      >
      > http://www.proafile.com/view/magazine/article/rig_options_bolger/
      >
      > Tom

      Thanks, that article is eye opening.

      One snippet quote: "There is simply not enough time during this
      power-on process to accomplish all the tasks needed to reverse the
      boat, so one is left with finishing up the shunting process while the
      boat is screaming along at a mad rate."

      Certainly, this boat would get your adrenaline pumping!

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic