65146Re: foam sandwich retrofit question

  • otter55806
    Jan 1, 2011
      Hi Fred,
      The short answer is YES! I use the boat on Lake Superior, been to the Apostles many times. Use it on the St Louis; love Pokegama and Kimball bays. Been to Voyageur's NP From Kab through Namakan into Crane, poking around in nearly all the bays. I did 246 miles in VNP;a place every boater should try to get to as almost all of it is acessible only by boat. No cars! I've been on the St Croix from N of Stillwater at the stopping point down to the Mississippi and S to LaCrosse. Pine Island sound and south into the 10,000 island of the Everglades. Three of the rives in the panhandle around Carrabelle,the St Johns on the E side of Fl, the TX intracoastal from Port Anrasas up to Matagorda. The same area they do the TX 200, but this was Jan and Feb and I some even nastier winds. I wrote about the Fl jaunt, but somehow never got around to writing about the others. That's all on the Bantam, Drifter. Most of my logged mileage is on other boats. This last summer was a write off. Had 12 weeks of Phy T. due to spinal injuries. Read that to mean the damage we all do to ourselfs when young doing things like building boats:)First time since I built my first boat in 1971 I didn't get on the water in one of my own boats. Next summer awaits. Contact me when coming through next summer!

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Fred Schumacher <fredschum@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 1:07 PM, otter55806 <otter55806@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hey Chester,
      > > Glad to read about you and EstherMae! To refresh your memory, you let me
      > > park my van and boat trailer at your place while I was off on Drifter, my
      > > Bolger Bantam. How I wish I was there now. We had freezing rain here in
      > > Duluth last night.
      > >
      > Bob,
      > Do you use your Bantam on Lake Superior, or in the bay, or any of the lakes
      > up north, like Vermilion or Kabetogama? I'm stuck in the Cities now but I'd
      > love to see your boat when I head back to the Orr area during summer.
      > fred s.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic