65130Re: [bolger] Advanced Fisherman 70 isometric, (was: Yamato Launch isometeric (was Large, big, long Diablo ))

  • Fred Schumacher
    Dec 31, 2010
      On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Pierce Nichols <rocketgeek@...> wrote:

      That begs the question of what happens to the enormous sunk (pun not intended) costs of the current fleet and where the capital for fleet replacement would come from.

      This is also an ongoing problem in farming. At some point you have to cut your losses and eat them. I put off buying a $15,000 grass seed stripper for several years. When I finally got it, it paid for itself in one year. The first ones who sell their old boats will not lose too much, since there will still be a market for their boats. The latter ones will only be worth scrap value.

      fred s.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic