      From: Pat <patjah@...>
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 31 December, 2010 2:29:24 PM
      Subject: [bolger] long micro

      I build a Long Micro last year. It took 6months full time (taking our time to do it right) 2 people. I think the cost was approx 9000us including sails ect. I don’t think boat building on this scale is a good idea for someone who has not worked for sometime with epoxies. Epoxies sound simple to use but they are not and if you make a mistake in say the sheathing of hull or laminating the keel it can be a very expensive mistake.  If you start with a smaller boat and make a mistake (which may take a few years to become apparent) it is not a big deal. I guess it depends on ones motivation for building if it is worth the risk. But many things can go wrong and many, many amateur boats are never completed.

      I have some pics of the boat here http://picasaweb.google.com/patjah/MyBolgerLongMicro02#

      Cheers

      Happy boat building

    • Show all 32 messages in this topic