65111Re: [bolger] Advanced Fisherman 70 isometric, (was: Yamato Launch isometeric (was Large, big, long Diablo ))

  • Fred Schumacher
    Dec 30, 2010
      On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Bruce Hallman <hallman@...> wrote:

      I just competed a study of the Advanced Fisherman 70, which reflects a
      vast amount of design energies of PB&F during the last decade.

      I am convinced that it is a genius design, and if the politics were
      right, a fleet of AF70's would revolutionize the modern fisheries
      industry.

      As a retired specialty crop farmer, I used to say it's not what you can grow but what you can sell that counts. There's a corollary for fishing: it's not your gross but your net that counts. Just yesterday I read a report of fuel prices expected to rise to $5 a gallon by 2012. A more efficient boat, producing a larger return on a smaller catch, is what I would be looking at if I were in the industry.

      fred s.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic