64989Re: Featherwind Question

  • sirdarnell
    Dec 13, 2010
      The expanded sides are what you would cut out of a piece(s) of plywood to create the side panels. The un-expanded sides are what the side looks like, after the expanded side is wrapped around the bulkheads and fastened to stem and stern. Some places, like Glen-L, sell patterns for cutting out side panels. These patterns are the same as the expanded sides, except you don't have to do anything except copy the patterns onto the plywood and cut, no measuring needed.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "steven_dantonio" <sdantonio93@...> wrote:
      > I was just looking at the plans for the featherwind in one of Phil Bolger's books before ordering.
      > There are 2 side profiles. One listed as "expanded side profile". Is this simply a way to expand freeboard so the gunwales are riding a little higher above the water?
      > Steven
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic