64955Re: The absolutely best magazine for Bolger enthusiasts, MAIB!

  • zavalacat
    Dec 2, 2010
      I completely agree that Messing About in Boats is a must have for Bolger fans and other small boat people. What does anyone think about the Matsue Traveler featured in the December 2010 MAIB "Phil Bolger and Friends on Design"? I'm not ready to cruise the Pacific, but if I were, I'd take a closer look at this one. I see it as a modern interpretation of the Chinese Junk, and very interesting. On our coast, California, once you leave the harbors and bays, you're in the blue Pacific, so it would probably make a good coaster for this coast.

      Charles Rouse

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Padvorac" <roger@...> wrote:
      > Thanks for mentioning this Bruce, we really need to keep the few remaining small boat publications going. By this I mean the kind of small boats that can be acquired and maintained on a small budget :)
      > Just in case anybody was wondering about the "USA only" reference below, it means that subscription rate is only for the 3rd Class bulk mailing rate in the US. Anybody anywhere can subscribe to MAIB as long as the country they live in has a postal system, its just that the postage rates are higher to mail MAIB to other places so the subscription cost is higher for other places.
      > Details are at:
      > www.messingaboutinboats.com/messform.html
      > Sincerely,
      > Roger