6469Re: [bolger] More Mast Alternatives

  • Mark Albanese
    Aug 2, 2000
      Sam Rabl was very esteemed, a Bolger of his day. The plywood
      spars in his book all have shrouds, hence the plug to help
      one stand alone.

      Not even an amateur scientist, I can only ask:
      Isn't plywood strong enough to replace a plank twice its
      thickness? Isn't there more strength in the size and shape
      of a section than in the mass of material involved?

      Wood inserts for aluminum tubes are seen in Stevensen designs.

      Mark