6453Re: [bolger] More Mast Alternatives

  • hwal@aol.com
    Aug 2 7:38 AM
      In a message dated 8/2/2000 8:33:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      marka@... writes:

      << Looking at Sam Rabl's old 'Boatbuilding in Your Own Back
      Yard' got me thinking that, in the same way plywood is
      partly an alternative to scarce, great timber for planking, it
      might again do the same for hollow, wooden masts. >>

      I have a borrowed copy of this same book - and remember seeing the section on
      plywood masts - and at the time I wondered if this was for real! It hardly
      seems like it would strong enough. Wow - what a great idea - if it works. I
      mean - if it's in a book it has to work right? Steve Anderson ( the notorious
      MJ Landroval)
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic