64524Re: contacting PB&F by mail

  • pleenhouts@aol.com
    Sep 29, 2010
      I've been corresponding with Susanne Altenburger at the address below my name at the end of this e-mail. Let me offer a few perspectives and opinions.

      I bought the plans for Blackliner (679-B)  a few months ago, and have exchanged several letters with her regarding possible modifications to the design. I prefer letters for this kind of thinking. Susanne's responses are unfailingly timely, well-though out, articulate, and address each issue and comment I've raised. She brings up issues I've failed to consider and offers her opinions and perspectives. Susanne's letters have arrived about a week or so after I would estimate my letters arrived at her address; this is very timely, in my opinion.

      As for the online design catalog, I can see where that would be of real benefit to the us as consumers and students of their work; I only wish I lived closer so I could offer help in that regard. I would certainly like to see one! I would expect doing a quality job is neither simple nor cheap, nor something that can done on the fly.  (I sure hope there is a biography under contemplation!)

      Every plan I've ever bought from a wide variety of designers has come rolled in a tube or folded in a mailing package. Response from the designer has never been more than two weeks.

      Pete
      Port Ludlow WA

      Susanne Altenburger
      Phil Bolger & Friends, Inc.
      Boat Designers
      66 Atlantic Street   PO Box 1209
      Gloucester MA 01930 USA

      In a message dated 9/28/2010 10:21:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time, bolger@yahoogroups.com writes:
      I have, at this juncture, a practical question. There was a single report on this list that the PO Box 1209 address no longer worked, due to a mix-up at the post office.  Suzanne has given out, on this mailing list, an address on Atlantic Street in Gloucester.  Has the PO Box situation been resolved? Did it ever even exist?  What is the current preferred mailing address for contacting PB&F?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic