64502Re: A real forgotten gem, Bolger 554 Camping Trimaran using Hobie Cat parts!

  • gary
    Sep 26, 2010
      The bow is a "sugar scoop," similar to the bow on an AS 19; it can't hold water because it's open at the front. Could be an impressive thump if it plowed into a steep wave or a motorboat wake. I had the plans and toyed with building it (until I spilled rubbing alcohol on the drawings and erased part of them). The accommodations were impressive and it looked to be a quick boat. I was concerned about the bow and the other potential drawback was the potentially long setup time. But with a bimini over the cockpit, it looked like a great boat for a week or better coastal cruise.

      Gary

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "hs" <hardystein2004@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know how this boat looks at the bow ?
      >
      > The drawing looks a little ambiguous to me ...is it just a " foot well"
      > for rope anchor etc ...or to make stepping off easier ?
      >
      > How much water would this hold if swamped ?

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic