64366Re: Isometric of Birdwatcher

  • Eric
    Sep 5, 2010
      Then riding sail it is. A V of sail would be most effective with the ends of the V fastened to quarter cleats. If flown off a temporary back stay bow anchoring would be possible. I'd probably stern anchor and fly the V wrapped around the mast and ends to quarter cleats. Glad to hear you tried stern anchoring. I'm surprised it didn't tame things.
      Eric

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Adirondack Goodboat" <goodboat@...> wrote:

      > I believe we did try stern anchoring the Birdwatcher and the boat still swept huge arcs at high speed. It seemed to me that the hull becomes an airfoil, developing high pressure and low pressure sides, and flies until it can fly no more, on each tack.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic