63911Re: Single Gaff Halyards

  • adventures_in_astrophotography
    Jul 9 9:09 PM
      Bruce,

      > You are revealing my ignorance of sailing rig part names.

      I'm pretty sure that the tiny fraction of the world's population that cares about such things will not think less of you. I count myself in that small group, but also know that caring doesn't mean getting it correct all of the time myself. Personally, I'm fascinated with the traditional nomenclature not only because of its richness, but because it seeks to eliminate ambiguity. Would that all of our terminology in this world aspire to such goals.

      Jon
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic