      Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:17 AM
      Subject: Re: [bolger] hawkeye

      I have a Halkeye and have found her to be a great boat. I cruised her this spring pitching a 2 man tent on the back for sleeping. She used very little gas with a 25 hp 4 stroke. Max speed for an empty boat is around 15 knots. Loaded with people and gear 10 knots is max. She will go forever at 6 knots at 1/4 throtle. I would not cut out the forward hole in the side, i find too much water washing the deck. I just got back frome the texas 200, will try to post pictures later
      sshawkeye0003.jpg
      sshawkeye004.jpg