63866Re: Newbie here, wondering what this Bolger is

  • Peter
    Jun 30, 2010
      > The plans in "Yacht Designs" show an open cockpit, but the text
      > indicates some were built "with the more usual trunk cabin" which seems
      > to be this boat.

      I haven't had a chance to get out the book. I'll be very interested to see. I hadn't remembered the stern as being so beamy. Nor did I ever notice the rounded stem. I've seen pictures of Garden boats in the past that I've barely recognized from the plans.

      I found the inside/outside arrangement very difficult to visualize from the plan drawings. Garden drew plans for builders, and they are in general more difficult to read than plans by Atkin, Bolger and some others who paid more attention to how they would appear to a novice or in the pages of a magazine.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic

    »
    «