63865Re: Newbie here, wondering what this Bolger is

  • Chris Crandall
    Jun 30, 2010
      I agree with the others--this does seem to be the Garden "Portage 24".

      The plans in "Yacht Designs" show an open cockpit, but the text
      indicates some were built "with the more usual trunk cabin" which seems
      to be this boat.

      It is a plywood boat, with fiberglass skin. This boat, in any case,
      needs a thorough survey, and that should also settle this issue of
      builder and designer (if you hire the right surveyor).

      I wouldn't rush to buy it, myself.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic