63863Re: Newbie here, wondering what this Bolger is

  • gjgerhard
    Jun 29, 2010
      Hi Bruce,

      Thanks for your input. Yes, it's the same boat from June 12. I placed that ad while unaware of this forum, and it was only a day or two ago that I was allowed in. I have a craigslist ad running right now, again, written before I was able to post here:

      http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1809696176.html

      I doubt this is the boat Peter saw on Orcas, because it's in pretty good shape, all things considered. I don't have access to the book you mentioned, but I agree it does not resemble other Bolger boats very closely.

      Greg

      > FWIW, this is the same boat that was discussed here a couple weeks ago
      > (Jun14). If I recall correctly, Susan Altenberger (Phil Bolger's
      > wife) wrote that she "can't place this one at the moment".
      > Considering that there are 6-700 Bolger designs, certainly there are
      > some unknown Bolger designs to all of us.
      >
      > I am leaning towards agreement with Peter, this does look like the
      > William Garden design "Portage 24" in his book Yacht Design, pages
      > 49-50

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic