63862Re: [bolger] Newbie here, wondering what this Bolger is

    Jun 29, 2010
      FWIW, this is the same boat that was discussed here a couple weeks ago
      (Jun14). If I recall correctly, Susan Altenberger (Phil Bolger's
      wife) wrote that she "can't place this one at the moment".
      Considering that there are 6-700 Bolger designs, certainly there are
      some unknown Bolger designs to all of us.

      I am leaning towards agreement with Peter, this does look like the
      William Garden design "Portage 24" in his book Yacht Design, pages
      49-50

      On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Peter McCorison <k2spr@...> wrote:

      > This sure looks like the Bill Garden design "Portage 24". See "Yacht
      > Designs" by Bill Garden, International Marine Publishing, 1977. There
      > was this boat or a near sister in the Westsound Marina (Orcas Island)
      > for some years in the '80's, I think. It was badly maintained, but could
      > have been cleaned up and refit to look like this. Interesting layout -
      > galley in the open. a delight on good summer days in the PNW, but not so
      > good when the weather turns.
      >
      > I've no idea of the value, but if it's the same boat, it surely needs
      > very careful survey to assure that the neglect of the last century has
      > been corrected.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Peter McCorison
      > Orcas Is, WA
      >
      > On 6/28/2010 7:25 PM, gjgerhard wrote:
      > > A friend died recently and I'm wondering what to do with his boat. I'm
      > > told it's a Bolger, and possibly the second one built of this design. I
      > > don't know how to post a picture here, so I'll have to say it's a beamy
      > > 28' sloop. It has an aft cabin and a 2-cyl diesel. Can anyone give me a
      > > clue what this boat might be called, much less what it might be worth?
      > >
      > > I'm going to try to embed a link to some photos:
      > >
      > > http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp211/gjgerhard/Halcyon/
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Greg G.
      > > gjgerhard@...