      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      From: k2spr@...
      Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:16:15 -0700
      Subject: Re: [bolger] Newbie here, wondering what this Bolger is

      This sure looks like the Bill Garden design "Portage 24". See "Yacht
      Designs" by Bill Garden, International Marine Publishing, 1977. There
      was this boat or a near sister in the Westsound Marina (Orcas Island)
      for some years in the '80's, I think. It was badly maintained, but could
      have been cleaned up and refit to look like this. Interesting layout -
      galley in the open. a delight on good summer days in the PNW, but not so
      good when the weather turns.

      I've no idea of the value, but if it's the same boat, it surely needs
      very careful survey to assure that the neglect of the last century has
      been corrected.

      Regards,
      Peter McCorison
      Orcas Is, WA