63658Re: [bolger] Re: Idaho: some numbers and photos
- Jun 3 7:26 PM
Very well done! Beautiful boat. I have long admired the Idaho. Perfect boat for my wife and I to cruise on protected waters. My problem is I can not afford the cost of the tow vehicle.Bud
--- On Thu, 6/3/10, daschultz2000 <daschultz8275@...> wrote:
From: daschultz2000 <daschultz8275@...>
Subject: [bolger] Re: Idaho: some numbers and photos
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 9:40 AM
Beautiful and apparently very true to the plans. I own a set of the CSD plans bought 2nd hand a few years ago. I admire the simple windshield treatment at the bow.
Except for the storage/trailering problems of a 30 footer, this seems an ideal picnic/day cruiser for several, with nice occasional camp cruising for 2 on rivers and many lakes. And one could leave off the cabin, go to a planked deck finished bright and have a bargain gentleman's speed boat, again for protected waters
IMO, without knowing more about the prop and engine rpm it is difficult to know how many of the 20hp are being used. The cabin is a major aerodynamic drag, so head/tail winds will have a big impact.
I recall the prototype having a 25hp 2 stroke Mercury on it. Those old Merc's were noted for their performance.
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, Bruce Hallman <hallman@...> wrote:
> Wow! Maximo, congratulations. It is not everyday that someone
> launches a big Bolger boat, that is a heck of an accomplishment.
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Maximo <grupos@...> wrote:
> > 2nd part of the building
> > http://www.promax.com.ar/idaho/index2.htm
- NO "GO AWAY SPAMMER!" posts!!! Please!
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- Pls add your comments at the TOP, SIGN your posts, and snip away
- Plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- Open discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>