      From: daschultz2000 <daschultz8275@...>
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Idaho: some numbers and photos
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010, 9:40 AM

      Beautiful and apparently very true to the plans. I own a set of the CSD plans bought 2nd hand a few years ago. I admire the simple windshield treatment at the bow.

      Except for the storage/trailering problems of a 30 footer, this seems an ideal picnic/day cruiser for several, with nice occasional camp cruising for 2 on rivers and many lakes.  And one could leave off the cabin, go to a planked deck finished bright and have a bargain gentleman's speed boat, again for protected waters

      IMO, without knowing more about the prop and engine rpm it is difficult to know how many of the 20hp are being used.  The cabin is a major aerodynamic drag, so head/tail winds will have a big impact.

      I recall the prototype having a 25hp 2 stroke Mercury on it.  Those old Merc's were noted for their performance.

      Don

      > Wow! Maximo, congratulations.  It is not everyday that someone
      > launches a big Bolger boat, that is a heck of an accomplishment.
      >
      > On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Maximo <grupos@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > 2nd part of the building
      > > http://www.promax.com.ar/idaho/index2.htm

      <*> Your email settings: