      From: Bob C <txsailor37@...>
      Subject: [bolger] Re: Beach Cat, Original or Upgraded?
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 9:51 AM

      I can't speak to the sailing abilities of either version of the boat, but I can speak to the sailing abilities of the Beachcat's smaller brother the Bobcat.  The Bobcat is a wonderful sailing boat in most wind conditions, once you learn to understand it's quirks and points as well as I would think you could expect a Catboat to point.  I would assume that the shallow keel (newer) version Beachcat would perform much the same as the Bobcat.

      I think the ergonomics of the newer version would make it a much more comfortable boat to spend time in than the origianl. Most of the space in the original design was dedicated to a low-top/walk-through cabin.  The space was not really comfortable for use while sailing.  I have been extremely interested in building the new version for quite a while.

      The down side of the new version is I have no idea how long it will take you to get the plans.  The original version can be ordered from Payson and be had in a couple of weeks.  I ordered the updated version back in November and haven't seen them yet.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)